[Coco] Greetings from Brazil

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Fri Mar 19 23:19:48 EDT 2010

I know there a couple of guys from Brasil around, but my main mail archive is offline while I shuffle some HDs, my #2 machine ate a bullet (cheap Compaq thing, but I had 3.5 terabytes there) and I have to rearrange things (into an HP box that probably came off the next-over assembly line, but without a full set of SATA connectors on the motherboard -- traces are there, connectors aren't, and the DVD is normally on one of the SATA connectors).  As soon as I can afford it, I gotta stop buying cheap PC equipment and build my own from better sources.  (This HP bastard has a NVIDIA chip that is great with 1600x1200 in 'doze vista, had to boot it to back it up in case La Esposa wants to play with that version, but I can't get much better than 1024x768 with Ubuntu -- which would have been pig-heaven in my TRS-80 and Coco days, but is now ([while better than Tandy 2000 resolution] minimal).
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd at comcast.net

<home.comcast.net/~wdg3rd>

The Bible says (in Palms 90:10) that "The days of our years are threescore years and ten", yet Xtians frequently defy G-d's will and continue to preach rather than commit suicide on their 70th birthday.  Yeah, the Psalm says you're allowed to live to eighty, but you're going to suffer if you do that, so you might as well just kill yourself.  Suicide is not a sin in the Old Testament, and I can't find the spot in the New Testament that changes the status.  (This blasphemy is an original from me [wdg3rd], the sort of thing I strive for).