[Coco] OT: Apple freaks, read this!

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Wed Mar 17 11:12:35 EDT 2010

Yes, I do - and that's how much I paid for it in the condition its in!
So, I guess I wouldn't be losing money...

Except that when I posted about it on an Altair users list, some guy
there offered me $900 within a half hour, as-is. So, I'll have to pass.

Actually, no amount of money will make me part with it - I've always
wanted one, and when I found it - let's just say I was amazed, because
apparently it had been sitting in a trailer at a junk electronics parts
place I've frequented for 15+ years, and someone pulled it out, but
-didn't- buy it; I asked them about it, offered them $50.00
(low-balling); they told me "it's an antique; $100.00 firm".

I told them "You drive a hard bargain" as I handed over my hundred,
grinning like a madman inside.

Sadly, it's missing its top cover, and the case is no longer made by the
manufacturer - they stopped making it about a year before I got it, and
they didn't have the plans any more to make me a top - so its custom
fabrication once I get that far.

However, I have tons of memory cards, a z-80 card (no 8080, though),
serial/parallel, floppy drive card (unfortunately, for hard sectored
floppies!), etc.

And - if I get lucky here soon, I have a line on a cheap 6502 card...

My plan is to restore it to museum quality, if I can (I still need to
get a variac and an isolation transformer before I do anything; the caps
in the power supply need reforming/replacement, most likely).

Ok - this is WAAAAY off topic - let's get back to coco stuff, though
this was fun!

:)

-- Andrew L. Ayers, Glendale, Arizona

---