[Coco] Another source for Coco archives

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 14:52:37 EST 2010

Both Active and Passive mode FTP require multiple connections (one for
control, one for data).  The difference is whether the data connection
is initiated from the server to client or from the client to server.
Passive mode allows both connections to be initiated by the client,
which help things work in today's world of NAT and firewalls where the
server quite likely cannot initiate a connection to the client.  If
this site cannot support passive mode, I'd highly recommend the
operator look into fixing it, as active mode will fail for a good
number of folks (and passive has become the default in most FTP
clients).

-Aaron