[Coco] Boyle's HTML viewer...

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 19:06:20 EST 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 5:58 PM, Roger Taylor <operator at coco3.com> wrote:
> At 04:47 PM 3/10/2010, you wrote:

>> > Curtis, does your viewer pull from over the wireless pak as well?
>> >  Perhaps
>> > CoCoNet's bitbanger routines, too?
>> > Can't wait to check it out.
>> >

>> The viewer is supposed to strip out the text readable portions of an
>> html file.  I never got it to work either, but thought it would be
>> useful in combination with DriveWire's TCP/IP functions like our wget
>> utility which outputs the content of a URL to standard output.
>

> CoCoNet grabs web files and stores them on the specified mounted virtual
> disk, so it takes place on the PC real quick and then you can read it at
> your own pace using standard DOS commands.
>
> I was just wondering if Curtis was aware that CoCoNet is capable of grabbing
> HTML as well.

I don't think this utility would work with RSDOS disks, it is a
Basic09 program.  It predates any of the recent networking stuff by a
good bit of time. I included it on the extras disk without Curtis's
knowledge, hope that is OK.  Like I said, I never got it to work but
thought it might be useful to someone.