[Coco] early OS-9 ads/articles compilation

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Tue Mar 9 16:01:40 EST 2010

On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 10:33:06AM -0500, Frank Swygert wrote:
> TAPE BASED OS-9?? Come on now! Tape was barely usable with ECB. Anyone
> doing much serious with the CoCo definitely got disk as soon as they
> could.

That may have been a factor, actually.  While I've never used such a
thing, I've been told that the old KC tape format (which the old OS-9
ad specifically specified!) was really reliable.  (Of course, that
could just be retrocomputing nostalgia.)

Plus, by the time OS-9 got ported to the CoCo, the price of DD floppy
drives had dropped down to "sort-of affordable" from "ridiculous". :-)

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard