[Coco] Howto for Altera DE1?

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 21:29:41 EDT 2010

On Tue, 29 Jun 2010, Bruce W. Calkins wrote:

>> Thanks to: Gary, Mark and Aaron. You are all gentlemen and scholars!
>>
>> Gary, if you want someone to help with development of the "Compleat DE1
>> Coco Guide for Idiots.." please ask.  I think I walked into every possible
>> wall and hopefully can help avoid others doing the same.
>>

> Thank you,
>
> The log of your odyssey should be a good start for documentation and save
> many of us your trials and errors.

I will try to make time over the Holiday weekend to work on this.

Now that I have things sorted out, Aaron was kind enough to get me rolling
with the upcoming DW4 version of the bitstream and DW server.  With a
USB<-->Serial adapter it runs just fine at 460k baud - yow!

With the fpga switched to 25Mhz. and the fast DW connection, this thing
really flies.  Definitely worth the hassle :-).

Nice work, all!

Steve