[Coco] OS-9 Book

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Tue Jun 29 22:10:23 EDT 2010

At 04:34 PM 6/28/2010, you wrote:
>On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 5:19 PM, Stephen H. Fischer
><SFischer1 at mindspring.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > A much better answer, but can people be trained to do it?
> >
> > Or can they be trained to recognize the wrapped link and how to rebuild the
> > correct link.
> >
> > I suspect that some will fail at both tasks.
> >
> > Just another cost of using such ancient method of exchanging messages.
> >
> > Usenet is going away, Microsoft has ended theirs.
> >
> > But I do realize that this COLOR computer group will never move to a forum
> > that allows use of COLOR!
> >

>personally, I don't think color has any place in a discussion list or
>forum.   Most email clients allow you to configure any "theme" you'd
>like, if you really want to see that horrible green backgound (which I
>actually do love, but only on a CoCo :)

Aaron, I've been following the forum bashing messages and since I run
a forum (like quite a few other CoCo admins), I was wondering which
of the current green-background forums out there you were calling
"horrible"?   Just curious.  I know of a few green blogs/forums and
they look ok to me because the text and color theme is easy on the eyes.

And if I may comment about your statement about color having no place
in a discussion list or forum.. are you saying that all backgrounds
should be bright white and possibly hard on the eyes after long
viewing periods, or perhaps black background with white text which
can also be painful to some, or perhaps would a smooth yellow
background work for you?

Should we go back to b/w TVs ?   :)

--
~ Roger Taylor