[Coco] Howto for Altera DE1?

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 19:24:12 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 7:12 PM, Steven Hirsch <snhirsch at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jun 2010, Steven Hirsch wrote:
>
>> I'm going to try and get DW working next.
>
> DW is _trying_ to do something.  First mistake was assuming it needed a
> crossover (aka "null modem") connection.  In fact, a straight-through is the
> ticket.
>
> The board is _trying_ to do something, but I'm not clear on which image
> needs to be mounted on the server.  There are two files floating around that
> look like they're intended to be OS9 volumes, but one is too big for DW4 and
> the other hangs at boot.
>
> What exactly are folks using at the server end with a DE1?

You can use any DECB disk, and for NitrOS-9 use one of the "becker"
disks from the NitrOS9 CVS or prebuilt every night at:
http://www.nitros9.org/latest/

On a side note, how big was the file you could not load with DriveWire
4?  The only size limit *should* be available ram, but for very large
images you may need to give the virtual machine more room with a
command line argument to java:

java -Xmx512m

for example to grant 512MB ram to the process.

-Aaron