[Coco] Howto for Altera DE1?

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 13:29:01 EDT 2010

On Mon, 28 Jun 2010, Mark McDougall wrote:

> Steven Hirsch wrote:
>
>> I've tried two different keyboards.  One was from an early 90s Dell and the
>> other is a modern cheapo unit.  Neither of them produces any response.
>
> Ahh! Definitely had a problem that I couldn't solve for a few days with the
> PS/2 keyboard... and I can't for the life of me recall what it was. I don't
> see any changes in there with the PS/2 clock, so I'm guessing that I was
> thinking of another project in w.r.t. that problem. But I definitely did have
> a problem with PS/2 & Coco3... grrr.... :(

I found the thread!  It was on the Yahoo coco3fpga group.  You and Gary
and John Kent went around a bit on voltages (no way to set this on the
DE1) and I think concluded that there might have been a timing issue.

If anyone fixed the design, it may still be sitting in your private
workspace.  I'm at four keyboards and counting with no luck.

Gary mentioned that something would take ~40sec to time out while checking
for drives on DriveWire.  I do not have DW hooked up yet, but have given
it about 1/2 hour with no change in misbehavior.

Odd.

Steve