[Coco] DE1 arrives :-)

Stephen Adolph twospruces at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 22:14:39 EDT 2010

I agree with you FPGAs are flexible, that is the point of an FPGA.
But, there is a lot of extra engineering involved, and also extra
expense if one needed to make a variety of adapters, for a variety of
platforms.

It is much cheaper considering all the design and verification to
standardize on a platform.  But go ahead, retarget the design to
another FPGA and hardware platform!

Have you ever delivered a real product based on FPGA?  I have!  The
advice I am giving is from experience.  If someone is willing to do
all the work to bring up one platform and emulate a coco, ..... we
should not be looking to repeat all that effort.

So my 2 cents is - buy a DE1...it has momentum!

cheers, Steve