[Coco] another Rare CoCo 2 :)

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 15:56:33 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 11:11 AM, Andrew <keeper63 at cox.net> wrote:
> Something we need to remember, here...
>
> While certainly this CoCo 2 listed probably isn't worth that much to us, to
> someone it just may be. I personally think it is a little soon for it to be
> priced this high, even if looking at it from a collector's/antique
> standpoint...
>
> But at some point, the CoCo 2 and the CoCo 3 will become "highly valuable"
> to some collector; as the number of them out there dwindle over time.

At some point, maybe.  The number of CoCos in the world seems to be
pretty high compared to the demand for them.
I don't think the argument here was that a CoCo couldn't ever be worth
that much, but the reality is that auctions for coco 2s go every few
days in the $20-$40 range, with some not even receiving bids.  This
seems to be a trend with this seller, asking many times the going or
market price and describing his items as rare/vintage/etc.  They are
hoping someone will not do any comparison, or maybe that they will be
the only auction active at some moment a sentimental guy happens to
look for something.  Not a straightforward way to do business.