[Coco] Microware OS-9 for x86

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 18:11:11 EDT 2010

On Wednesday 16 June 2010, Michael Kerpan wrote:
>I think that ARM would be LESS safe, given that OS-9 is market as an
>embedded OS and ARM is just about the most popular architecture for
>embedded purposes. Nitros-9 for x86 would probably be seen as a
>harmless nostalgia trip by the folks at Radsys, whereas a Nitros-9 for
>ARM would set off alarm bells in an instant.
>
>Mike

As usual, I opened keyboard and inserted both feet.  You are of course
right.  I was only considering the plethora of one board arm stuff I see in
Circuit Cellar ads.  There is quite a selection, and most are quite low
power drain compared to the x86 stuff.  Can't touch the 63C09's low power,
but the slowest one at 1/4 watt is pretty close.