[Coco] CoCo Gallery

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Wed Jun 9 13:58:55 EDT 2010

Mark wrote:
I recall there was a major Russian? spammer a few years ago who was tracked
down and had his address published on the net. He wound up dead a few days
later IIRC... I for one did not shed any tears.

I hope you find a more secure solution!

I don't think there is a more secure solution than that one.... ;>

I know that's not what you meant... couldn't help taking it out of context a bit!

As for the question about open source... Roger stated that he thought Gallery 2 was open source. If it is, then the code is accessible to hackers to take advantage of. If not, then his comment can be disregarded.

It seems like there are few Linux hackers, or rather few who do things destructively to systems just for the fun of it. I think part of the reason is many Linux users are pretty darned good at programming and technical issues themselves (me NOT included!) and retaliation or tracking down the culprit is a lot more likely.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"