[Coco] Today, I have seen the CoCo 4...

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Mon Jun 7 11:15:36 EDT 2010

Frank Swygert wrote:

> Which brings me back to why not
> merge an emulator with an OS (or "hide" the OS behind the emulator
> interface) and use something like a Mini-ITX board with a VIA or Atom
> processor, and create an optional expansion card that either uses the
> PCI slot or a parallel printer port. Cost of those boards is under $200,
> and the "look and feel" would be about the same.

Here's where I beg to differ. It may "look and feel" the same to some, but
simply knowing what's under the hood makes a huge difference to me. Using
software emulation on a Wintel platform "does not a Coco make" in my books,
regardless of the physical form factor.

But if it floats your boat, then go for it!

Regards,