[Coco] XBee radios and serial paks

Brian Blake random.rodder at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 18:11:00 EDT 2010

Has anybody tried other devices with Roger's serial/Bluetooth paks?

I'm trying two XBee radios instead of B/T, and while I've had some success,
I've also ran smack into a wall.

I'm using CoCoNet 1.26 with a DrivePak and a SerialPak - everything about
the DrivePak and SIO connections work fine. Just have issues with the 6551
side of things.

I've got the XBee's set for 115,200, 8, N, 1 (I tried what I thought was the
default of 9600 baud for the SerialPak, but, there was no connection at all
to the PC).

When I start CoCoNet Server on the PC, we're set at COM7, with the above
settings. When I power up the CoCo, CoCoNet goes thru the process of
checking what devices are present, and detects the 6551 and boots as
expected.

On the PC server, I get the following:

*6/19/2010 5:52:46 PM - Opening COM7,115200,8,None,1,None*
*6/19/2010 5:52:46 PM - Listening for calls on TCP Port 6809*
*6/19/2010 5:52:53 PM - !STATUS*
*Server Is Running*

On the CoCo, when I enter the command: DRIVE 1,@"C:\COCOFILES\TRIBALLS.DSK"
CoCoNet Server responds with:

*6/19/2010 6:00:37 PM - @DRIVE::1::C:\COCOFILES\TRIBALLS.DSK*
*6/19/2010 6:00:37 PM - Mounted PC-hosted virtual disk:
C:\COCOFILES\TRIBALLS.DSK*
*
*
Here's where the problems come in - entering a DIR command, gets me an ?IO
ERROR on the CoCo, and CoCoNet Server gives:

*6/19/2010 6:03:42 PM - !DSKI$ 1 17 2*
*
*
And it does this with any dusk image I try to mount. I can't help but think
there is something simple I'm overlooking here. Anybody have any ideas?