[Coco] Inquiry on VGA converter from Marty Goodman

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Sat Jun 5 22:55:28 EDT 2010

Received this from Marty:

Art,

Can you do me a favor?

Can you post to some active CoCo list or blog or whatever that you feel has
knowledgeable people on it the following Ebay link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/15Khz-RGB-CGA-Component-Video-VGA-Converter-Scaler-/120340188651?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c04d58deb

 and ask for me if anyone has had experience using this $100 device to put a
CoCo 3 analog RGB signal up on a VGA monitor?

 The device is ADVERTISED as being a "CGA to VGA" converter in the title.
BUT... if you read the full description carefully, they go to great length
to explicitly say it accepts analog RGB at 15.75 KHz from old style
computers, mentioning the Amiga and Atari ST, and converts it to 31.75 KHz
VGA analog RGB that can be displayed on modern VGA monitors.

---marty

I mentioned Roy Justus' VGA converter to Marty in my reply, but he said he'd
not received any reply to an inquiry about it, but would be interested in
buying three of them if any were available.  Anybody know the status of
that?

Art