[Coco] Salutations and an Introduction

Brett Gordon beretta42 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 09:27:06 EDT 2010

Hello all fellow coco-heads,

My name's Brett Gordon.  I have recently signed up on the list at the
suggestion of Aaron Wolfe.   I grew up in the 1980's with my CoCo2 (64K with
melted keys), and a Tandy cassette drive.   About ten years ago a friend of
mine asked me to take good care of his CoCo3 setup, which got me started
with the 6809 again.   I now sport a coco3 with a 2 meg disto upgrade, the
'87 Gime, a weird Disk controller (allows 2 DS IBM 360 drives, not 4 SS
?!?), and a nice big 20" NTSC RGB display.

My current project, and my favorite so far is a ANS compliant Forth for the
coco3.  Which  Arron suggested would make a neat "OpenBoot"-like system for
the CoCo.  Anybody have suggestions how/where I could find information to
support IDE/DriveWire/SD in my forth?

I've been lurking 'round here for a couple of weeks, really enjoying the
technical discussions.

--
Brett M. Gordon,
beretta42 at gmail.com