[Coco] problems creating a boot disk from NitrOS9 03.02.09

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 15:12:58 EST 2010

Robert, you said:
> It's a moot point since we are all obtaining the distribution disks from
> our PCs. Just use any PC text editor that can handle $0D as a line end,
> extract the script files from the .dsk images, edit them, and return them
> to the images.

I personally would much rather use an OS9 editor directly on the OS9 files,
whether that be on the emulator or on the real coco.
ED/VI looks good, and I could use VED also, however, my point was that
there's only one editor on the NistrOS9 distribution disks, and that's EDIT.
If I want to quickly modify the standard.bl file to create a new boot disk
from the latest distro, I don't want to go through the hassle of
transferring the file to/from the PC to do that especially if I'm using a
real coco3.

Regards, Bob Devries

--
Besides a mathematical inclination, an exceptionally good mastery of one's
native tongue is the most vital asset of a competent programmer.

Edsger W.Dijkstra, 18 June 1975