[Coco] shell in NitrOS-9

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jan 21 23:47:22 EST 2010

Wayne Campbell wrote:
> I also found that the standard.bl and
> dw3.bl bootlist files do not contain the descriptors for the hd. Aaron
> made me a custom bootdisk that includes the /h0 descriptor. I need to
> make a custom file to be able to use it. There is a sysgo_h option for
> which sysgo to use. All I need to do now is find the hd descriptors and
> add them to the list. Maybe I can get it to work.

Wayne, you need to specify what hardware you want to use and where you
want to boot from.
For example, you can have a real Coco that uses Drivewire to boot from a
NitrOS-9 image mounted on the PC. You can boot from a hard drive system
on a real Coco and use Drivewire to access disk images on a PC. You can
boot from a floppy drive on a Coco and use Drivewire to access disk
images on a PC.

Based on your request, I am guessing that you want to boot from a hard
drive system on the Coco but access images on a PC using Drivewire. If
that is the case, all you need to do is add rbdw3, dw3, X0, X1, X2, and
X3 to your normal os9boot file.

If you want to boot differently, would you state or restate how you want
to boot?