[Coco] 6809/6309 Power Analysis

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Thu Jan 21 20:35:56 EST 2010

Stephen

The OUTPUT portion of the I/O pins are NMOS depletion mode FETs. Essentially you have a
FET that has the drain fed through a NMOS Diode (FET with the gate tied to the drain) These
are rather small geometry diodes and transistors so the current source and sink capabilities
in rather limited.

The output FET Drian diode is tied to same VCC that powers the chip.  There may also be a
current source mirror circuit that feeds the output transistor.

james