[Coco] Off Topic. Glenside member passed away

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at tee-boy.com
Tue Jan 19 23:27:02 EST 2010

Brian, this is certainly not off-topic; feel free to post any information you have about Howard.

This is really sad news for me.  Where do I start?

I have known Howard for years... first met him in 1992 when I started attending CoCo Fests.  For every fest I can remember after that, Howard was there, be it Chicago or Atlanta (and the 1993 Des Moines Fest too, I believe, along with the PennFests).  I distinctly remember sitting next to him on a flight from Atlanta to Chicago after attending an AtlantaFest, and having a great chat.

He was an ardent CoCo supporter, and wasn't shy about spending his money on CoCo products.  He bought OS-9000 when Microware sold it at the 1993 Chicago Fest, had an MM/1, MM/1a, and lots of our (Cloud-9) products.

He was a real gentleman and a pleasure to talk to.  I also worked with him on the OS-9 Users Group transition in 1993.  Again, a professional.

My regret is that I didn't visit with him more while at the fest.  When I saw him last year at the 2009 fest, he told me he had lung cancer.  I was really hoping I would see him this year, and I told him so.  That won't happen unfortunately.

I'm going to miss not seeing him at the fest this year, manning the Glenside booth as he always had.
--
Boisy G. Pitre
http://www.tee-boy.com/