[Coco] Stock Market Game

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sat Jan 9 10:18:53 EST 2010

Bob Devries wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> There are 3 disk images on maltedmedia FTP which are named tokstok1.dsk, tokstok2.dsk and tokstok3.dsk.
>
> They appear to have been created by Larry Greenfield, but they are not for the coco as far as I can tell, since the files are too short to be coco disks.
>
> Can someone identify which computer they are from?
>
> Regards, Bob Devries

Looks to me that these are not .dsk files but archives. The third disk
contains instructions about using dshrink to expand the files.

On the other hand, the .dsk files can be read and seem to be tokenized
Basic files. So it makes no sense that there should be instructions
within an archive which tell you how to unpack the archive; Catch-22.

I tried changing the name of the third disk to tokstok3.wri. That
permitted the file to be read with WordPad. There is a just header that
might be from a file transfer program some xyzmodem protocol.

"The entire game needs to be placed onto ONE double-sided disk.
Take all the files from 'TOKSTOK1/DSK' and un-SHRINK them (place them)
on the front (DRIVE0) side of a disk.  Then take all the files from
'TOKSTOK2/DSK' and un-SHRINK (place them) on the flip (DRIVE2) side
of the SAME disk.  (Files from 'TOKSTOK3/DSK' aren't needed for
game play... they're just help files, like this one you're reading now).

    First, if you haven't already done so, take each of the three /DSK
files, and use DSHRINK/BIN to un-SHRINK them onto THREE SEPARATE DISKS
(onto the normal, front sides of each disk)."

Well, now I've got to find DSHRINK.BIN. Anyone know where it can be found?