[Coco] System gen problem

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sun Feb 7 15:49:23 EST 2010

Steven Hirsch wrote:

> Clearly, I'm down the wrong path here. As a quick reality check:
> Shouldn't it be possible to generate a Nitros-9 system that (a) boots
> from a floppy, (b) uses my hard disk as the default drive (dd) and (c)
> can access the drivewire volume as /x0?
>
> Steve

I have been able to use Drivewire from a real Coco3 in two different ways. I can access the Drivewire disks on my WinXP
PC from Disk Basic and I can boot into NitrOS-9 on the Coco3 hard drive system and access OS-9 disks via Drivewire.

You do need to be careful that the /x# descriptors match the image that is mounted in Drivewire. The general intent was
that these images would be very large disks equivalent to hard drives. This would give hard drive access to Coco3 users
that don't have actual hard drives on the Coco.
However, if you mount a .dsk or .os9 image in Drivewire, you should adjust the descriptors as now you are looking at a
35 track up to 80 track disk image.

What type of images are mounted in your Drivewire and do your descriptors match the images?