[Coco] Full GUI DriveWire 4 beta

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 15:15:42 EST 2010

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 3:06 PM, Steven Hirsch <snhirsch at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Dec 2010, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
>
>> The rate override setting wasn't getting populated on the form.. just a
>> typo.
>
> After updating to the latest CVS (as of today at 12:00 noon EST) this
> problem persists.  It's not offering 460880 as a pick list option and is not
> setting it either.  The field remains blank and does not update.

The "coco model" setting and "rate override" are maybe not intuitive.
basically, rate override take precedence but whatever is set for coco
model will still show up on the first page of instance settings.  The
coco model is something is legacy from the way dw3 worked, I suppose I
can just combine the two values into a single "what speed" question
and eliminate the over ride thing altogether.

>> I added a setting to disable the MIDI initialization code, put
>> <UseMIDI>false</UseMIDI> in the instance.
>
> This works.  Thanks!
>
>> As for the rest of the issues, I cannot reproduce them here.  Please
>> update to latest CVS and see if they remain for you.
>
> Sorry, they all persist.  The UI simply is not "seeing" the actual server
> configuration for the given instance.  I can see the server setting things
> the way the config.xml says to:
>
> /dev/ttyUSB0
> 460800 baud rate
>
> but, the UI instance dialogs default to:
>
> blank device (only /dev/ttyS0 available on pulldown)
> 115200 baud rate

Are you using an old config from a previous version?  There are some
settings like configautosave that need to be present to use the GUI,
they are in the config.xml from CVS.   I'm working on making things
tolerant of that type of thing.. its backwards compatible now in that
you can use an old config standalone with the server, but it won't
work if you try to use the new gui with an old config.