[Coco] Full GUI DriveWire 4 beta

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Dec 28 00:50:20 EST 2010

On Monday, December 27, 2010 11:54:03 pm Aaron Wolfe did opine:

> inetd is pretty important, it is the primary way to access NitrOS9
> programs and shells from other computers across a network.  I think it
> used to be part of the nightly build at one point, maybe it is failing
> there as well.
>
> there are a handful of tools that are sort of part of DriveWire and
> sort of part of NitrOS9.. inetd, the telnet client, the http server,
> etc.  I'd love to see these support multiple networking solutions and
> be a sort of standard set of tools for all NitrOS9 users, but right
> now DriveWire is the only way to do such things.
>
> I guess the question is should we be building inetd, telnet, httpd,
> etc as part of the NitrOS9 disks?  Or maybe as a seperate "extras"
> disk?  I can probably sort out the build process to do whatever is
> acceptable.
>
> -Aaron

My build here on Dec 9, contains inetd in the cmds dirs of all levels,
however I'm not sure it is making it into the .dsk images.  No, so the
makefile stanza for the dsk's would appear to be suspect, and I am not a
makefile expert Aaron.

This is true at least for the coco3_6309 .dsk's.  also, no identd in the
coco3-6809 dsk's,  and none of the makefiles that make dsk's mention inetd,
but it does exist in the cmds dirs freshly built, all up and down the tree.

I am actually getting ready for your dw4-Go for linux,  I've moved Rogers
pack to the #0 slot so its not buried in the rest of the stuff, and it
appears to be working well again.  That means I can cobble up a device
descriptor named p that will use the sc6551.dr to drive the BT thing, and I
can switch my listening script to listen to /dev/rfcomm0 and get my laser
printer back online from the coco3's vantage point, but with the bitbanger
port then free for DW's use.

Progress of sorts. ;-)

However its not helped by having to edit the level 2 krn.asm everytime I do
a 'cvs up', it winds up with the first 85 lines having 3 garbage lines
inserted that give mamou an upset tummy.  Delete them and everything is
kewl.  Bit rot maybe...  Dunno.

Thanks Aaron.

--
Cheers, Gene