[Coco] Need a dir -e but extended.

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Dec 24 22:57:38 EST 2010

On Friday, December 24, 2010 10:46:44 pm Richard E. Crislip did opine:
[...]

FWIW, that was a util that S. B. Goldberg wrote, called 'filext'.  I found
a copy and put it to use, cleaned up the drive with ded and dcheck, then
had dsave re-write everything from the old Maxtor to a directory on the
Seagate, which took a re-write of makdir and about 20 hours to complete, so
my coco is back among the living but powered down for the first time in a
couple of weeks.  The re-write of makdir gets rid of the error 218 if the
directory already exists, it is truly a harmless error.  That should have
been done that way from the gitgo in '84, but it was easier than going
through a megabyte of dsave output to remove all but 4 of them.

I'll see if I can get this new makdir into the nitros9 cvs repo eventually.

> > > You're probably correct, but I remember it as being a raw data
> > > reader, didn't care about filesystems.
> > >
> > > Richard
> >
> > It may not Richard, but I have almost zero knowledge of the rsdos file
> > system while I am long term conversant with os9 and its filesystem.
> > So ded is my tool of choice.
> >
> > BTW, Merry Christmas to you and yours.
>
> Merry Christmas to you and your wife too.

Thank you.

> BTW, the ole Amy2500 is still occupying a place on my table.

It probably needs dusted by now. :)

> Wish I had
> more time to play with it... but that would probaly mean that I am
> jobless, so I'll take it back 8-).

Good heavens no, can't have that.  Somebody here has to do the work!

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)