[Coco] DW4 - GUI Feedback

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 21:44:02 EST 2010

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 6:28 PM, Nick Marentes <nickma at optusnet.com.au> wrote:

>>My basic idea is to have the program walk you through the process.
>>You choose "copy a floppy to dsk" and it prompts you for a destination
>>file name, displays the commands to type on the coco, and you're done.
>>It seems likely that for transfers from flopppy to disk, people
>>would want to do several disks in a row, so I was thinking a button to
>>"do it again". going .dsk to floppy, probably not a batch as much as
>>single disks?
>
> Sounds good. Where will the GUI be stored? Is it to be added to the HDB-DOS
> ROM for instant access?

Actually, the current GUI runs on the PC side, not the CoCo.  I have
thought about some CoCo side software for this, but hadn't explored
the idea too far.  It would certainly be possible to write a DECB
program that automated the CoCo side of things.  I've thought about
trying to make the DW4 features like virtual serial and networking
available in DECB somehow as well, but since OS9 is my main playground
I haven't made any real progress with that.