[Coco] Somewhat OT: The Ultimate C64 "Repack"

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 01:04:21 EST 2010

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 05:02:01 -0500
From: Rogelio Perea <os9dude at gmail.com>
Subject: [Coco] Somewhat OT: The Ultimate C64 "Repack"
To: coco at maltedmedia.com

>>http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_C64.aspx
This is very interesting, but they neglect to mention how compatible
it is with C64 software.
They mention it can play games, but no specifics.

Are they emulating the SID or do they have a real SID inside? From
what I remember, the supply of SID chips was very low many years ago,
and there
is no way to re-manufacture them (feasibly).

I seem to remember see links to this product
http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_Phoenix.aspx

a few years ago, but it doesn't appear to be shipping either.

I'm starting to think this is someone's idea of a joke.

If the C64-PC was $200 or less I'd probably go for one, but no more.

How much HD space is there?