[Coco] Yaright on OSK M4 -> 6x09

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Wed Dec 15 16:25:26 EST 2010

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 09:16:25AM -0500, John W. Linville wrote:

> Porting GNU sources is fairly ambitious.  If you really want m4
> on OS-9/6X09, I would recommend starting from older Minix or Unix
> v7 sources.

Yeah, I didn't realize it was GNU.  I figured if it compiled under
OSK, under the old MW 68K compiler, getting it to work under the 6809
compiler wouldn't be that hard.

I tried porting a different M4 before.  It was old K&R code, but the
compiler was having problems with it.  IIRC I was having trouble with
struct element names, but I think ansifront would make that all just
go away.  Unfortunately I lost all that in a hard drive crash.

> YMMV, of course...

Yep, especially with twenty-year-old C source.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard