[Coco] cloud-9Tech

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 13:04:29 EST 2010

You very often cannot replace a hostname with an IP address and expect
it to work for web pages.  Many websites use name based virtual
hosts.. if you don't specify the hostname in your request, you simply
will not get the website.  such is the case with cloud9tech.com

query for www.cloud9tech.com returns cname cloud9tech.com
cloud9tech.com returns A record for 64.202.189.170

however,

http://64.202.189.170

gives me "This website is temporarily unavailable, please try again later. "

http://www.cloud9tech.com/

gives me the correct site.

this is normal, the website is working fine.
-Aaron