[Coco] 1980s Tandy-Style Font?

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Mon Dec 27 20:58:49 EST 2010

I'm working on a badge for a CoCo 3 case that I have a Spartan 3
CoCo3FPGA in.  I want to replace the 128K Color Computer 3 placard with
one that says: FPGA CoCo / / / Spartan 3 Edition, or something like
that.  I plan to print it on a clear label sheet and stick that on a
thin sheet of aluminum.  I'd like to find a free Truetype font that
replicates the Tandy typeface used at that time.  I'm aware of Larabie's
Crystal Radio Set font, which is really nice, but is more '60s - '70s.
I guess it would match a CoCo I.  I'll use it if I can't find anything
better, but I wondered if anybody on this list knew of something more
like the newer Tandy style.

I would also like an image of the "oblique triad" -- the slanted R, G, B
color bars -- I could reuse.  If nobody knows of anything suitable,
maybe I'll try to cook one up in Inkscape.

JCE