[Coco] Coco 3 Missing Mystery Color Mode

Steve Ostrom smostrom7 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 28 19:51:37 EDT 2010

Hi, Briza.  I read the magazine while at our family cabin this past Saturday
during a rainstorm.  It's the earliest issue of an entire set that I bought,
though not the first issue of the publication.  I should be going back again
on Friday and I'll check the issue and page number for you.

I'm sorry if I confused anyone about that article.  It did not state
anything about a missing color mode.  It talked about these outputs not
being connected on the Coco3, but that these outputs used to control some
video modes on the older Coco.  The article talked about using these
unconnected outputs on the Coco 3 for a particular hardware project,
unrelated to video.  I jumped to the thought that it might be functional on
the Coco 3 if it was connected to the video circuitry, but that maybe it was
eliminated before the Coco 3 was released.  I hated to let a possible
solution go undiscovered since I do not know even the basics of the Coco 3
video system.

-- Steve --