[Coco] When will the CoCo 3 Forums be back?

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Tue Sep 29 23:52:16 EDT 2009

At 09:49 PM 9/29/2009, you wrote:
>Today I tried to log on to the forums and found a message that read
>module inactive. Any idea when it will be back?

Both the old 2003-2007 and 2007-2009 CoCo Forums are now in blog form
on the new coco3.com.  Expect the old site to fade away.  A lot of
effort has been made to recover old accounts from the original forums
2003-2007 and the newer forums 2007-2009.  I cross referenced as much
as I could to put back together many of the accounts.  If you can't
remember your nickname, maybe the Forgot Password link will let you
enter your e-mail address and if it matches an account, your
password/username will be sent to that address... which is safe
because nobody gets it but the intended person.

Over time I will make the blog perform more like a forum
system.  It's actually very easy to post a message and there's about
4 ways, with one being the quickest, and that is using the link at
the top of the screen under the header.  From the dashboard link you
can have a full-fledged editor with HTML, too.

Post large articles if you will or just chit chat.  Everything CoCo is welcome.

On the Post form you'll see checkboxes for the categories you want
your message to appear in.  This would be the same as a "forum" in
the CoCo Forums.

Right now you can't see what's new since your last login but I snuck
in a test dump of messages on the Products page at the bottom that
shows the last group of messages posted.  The sidebars also show the
latest comments and posts.

Now that the forums and a lot of the historic messages from Delphi,
Princeton, etc. are being blogged as well, the entire massive
collection of posts and articles can be dumped at once, backed up,
and ported to other formats quite easily, meaning that this was the
smartest move yet in letting our CoCo past live on.

You'll get used to the blog but it might take time.  All of your past
posts should be there.  If you can remember your handle, let me know
(this goes for anybody who can't log in yet), and I will link the
account to you.

--
~ Roger Taylor