[Coco] Off Topic. But for your safety.

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 12:50:13 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 12:20 PM, Brian Goers <briang0671 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Sean wrote:
> > Sorry, when an e-mail includes "send this to everyone you know",
> > that's the biggest tip-off that it's BS.
> >
> > http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/carjack.asp
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 11:05 AM, Brian Goers <briang0671 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> >> To: everyone
> >> If I offended someone. Sorry
> >>
> >> My sister received this from a truck driver and I wanted forward it.
> >> If nothing else make us aware.
> >
> OK. I didn't know about snopes.com before. Thanks.
> Funny, the way that driver wrote it is the same as the article.

The similarities are there because the driver did *not* write it.
this email has been circulating on the internet since at least Feb
2004.  The slight differences in some parts of the text are due to
"evolution" as people add their touch before forwarding it on.  Over
several generations, some of these prank emails can become quite
different from the original.  Sort of like the game of telephone if
you played that as a kid.