[Coco] To Steve Bjork..

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Sep 27 08:04:39 EDT 2009

On Sunday 27 September 2009, Roger Taylor wrote:
>At 11:55 PM 9/26/2009, you wrote:
>>Roger, how about a global search and replace on every unique email
>>address? That way you don't lose the references but privacy would be
>> preserved.
>
>I just added a filter to the message builder.. if the lines start
>with In-Reply-To:, References:, or Message-ID:, that line won't be added.
>
>I'll delete the MaltedMedia archives (2003 so far) and reimport the
>filtered posts.
>
>I'll have to check the Princeton posts to see if any e-mail addresses
>are embedded there as well.  Anybody can click on the Princeton
>category and check around and let me know.

The delphi, and to a large extent, princeton email addresses would be largely
dead addresses by now.  People do move around although I've had verizon adsl
for about 5 years now.  A better deal from somebody else could change that
yet today though.  Any posts I made to princeton probably came from an older
dialup account, and delphi's use of handles renders those useless.  So I
don't have any qualms about the old addresses in those posts.  Heck, back in
delphi days I shared an account that the CE of the tv station down in Beckley
had & wasn't using all of, so a lot of those old posts had a WOAY handle on
them.

So its sorta mochs nichs to me, I run SA here on my incoming stream &
/dev/null anything over five stars, and that kills a good portion of the
spam.

Spam is a battle we'll never win, and like advertizing on radio & tv, it
subsidizes and supports the internet whether we like it or not.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

I once witnessed a long-winded, month-long flamewar over the use of
mice vs. trackballs... It was very silly.
	-- Matt Welsh