[Coco] No email address to stop spammers.

Steve Bjork 6809er at bjork-huffman.net
Sun Sep 27 01:41:42 EDT 2009

It's too easy for spammers to pull "somebody at somedomain.com" as
"somebody at somedomain.com" and add it to their spam list.

As for giving out the email address in the first place...

I don't want spammers to get my email address if it is good.  As for bad
email addresses, what good does it do to give them out anyway?

Including email addresses is just a bad idea any way you look at it.

I find that my client's number way they get their email address on a
spam list is because some stupid posted it on a public webpage.

Maybe you should try a system like I use on my client's site that never
posts an email address unless a person is logged in on the site.
(And never use auto create for new accounts.  Also have a person review
the account before it is active.)

Steve