[Coco] Thousands of 1994 Delphi messages coming tomorrow

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Thu Sep 17 23:06:54 EDT 2009

At 02:59 PM 9/17/2009, you wrote:
>There were only services back then, Delphi and Compuserve, and of
>course the private BBS systems. The greater number of users used
>Delphi and Compuserve, and the Delphi CoCo area was sponsored by
>Rainbow, so it got LOTS of traffic! I used it from around 92/93 on
>up through 96 or so, even after the Internet was opened up. I
>accessed the internet through Delphi for a while so I could keep my
>old e-mail address. It finally got to where that wasn't worth it, as
>Delphi slowly died...  Will have to pop over and see if I can find
>any of my old posts!

Just check in daily and watch the posts rematerialize.  All I need to
do is write the parsing routine for any new archive type being
converted.  The Sort and Export routines work the same on any imported content.
So far I can import mailing list digests like MaltedMedia, and Delphi posts.

I need to find the Princeton CoCo Mailing List archives.  Also, the
Delphi and CIS archives seem to be just a small fraction.  Was this
material even preserved by those companies or are the archives the
work of somebody who was thinking ahead of all of us, or perhaps
downloading and reading offline to save phone charges?

>------------
>Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:57:15 -0500
>From: Roger Taylor <operator at coco3.com>
>
>I had no idea Delphi was so active back then.  This was before I
>even used forums or had Windows, for crying out loud.
>
>--
>Frank Swygert
>Publisher, "American Motors Cars" Magazine (AMC)
>For all AMC enthusiasts
>http://farna.home.att.net/AMC.html
>(free download available!)
>

>--