[Coco] Using a Color Computer as a "Dump Terminal"

Jorge Renato Machin Ibarra jorge_machin at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 9 12:24:33 EDT 2009

Hi:

Sorry if my English is very bad :P

I tested the configuration first on my desktop using Fedora 11 (kernel 2.6.30.5)  and make the youtube video on my  laptop using Fedora 10 (kernel 2.6.27.25) .

I used  usb bt dongle too. I can't say something about the kernel because my distro recognized my usb device out of the box.

Usually  I make a how-to to publish it in my blog, but I have not finished it yet.

To answer right now:

Must be root.

To allow connections  to the linux BT:

sdptool add --channel=1 sp
rfcomm listen 0 1

If you are running these commands in a shell, you'll see a connection message when the color computer successfully connects.

To automatically login some user to a virtual console on startup add this in /etc/inittab:

S0:2345:respawn:/sbin/agetty 9600 /dev/rfcomm0 vt100

If you want to test it manually, you can run the agetty command in a terminal after the color computer makes the connection:

/sbin/agetty 9600 /dev/rfcomm0 vt100

To avoid echo in the color computer terminal I used this command:

stty /dev/rfcomm0 -echo

 I hadn't tried it with nitros9 because I don't have a multi-pak interface :'(

I hope it helps

Jorge Machin