[Coco] CoCoFest ideas

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Wed Sep 9 10:21:16 EDT 2009

I think the show is small enough now that having it in a lower cost, more public access place (large library meeting room, or college campus, etc.) might be a good cost lowering solution. Finding one with a hotel within easy walking distance may be a problem though. That's the main benefit of having it at the hotel -- rooms and event in the same building. Made it darn convenient when I was a vendor!

There isn't much parallel between the CoCo and the more popular 8 bits like the Apple II and Commodore. We were always a smaller community, and that hasn't changed a bit. If we were more equal in terms of size a combined 8 bit show would be really nice, but it's not much fun being the minority in a big show. I'm an AMC fan, remember -- I'm used to that!!

--------
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 16:46:19 -0500
From: Boisy G. Pitre <boisy at tee-boy.com>

I ran across an interesting website for KansasFest
(www.kansasfest.org), a website for a yearly Apple II festival held in
Kansas City.  They hold their event during a week, and it's done at a
University, not a hotel.  Their website is quite nice, and I thought I
would pass this along in the interest of fostering new ideas for our
own fest.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"