[Coco] Emulator

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 7 13:04:15 EDT 2009

 just remembered. The one proof that something is different. DCom is so big that it was divided into 5 files. The main file, DCom, stayed resident, while the other parts were loaded into memory, one at a time, and executed. This was how I kept it in one 40K workspace. I wasn't ready to try using paging yet. I may be more ready now, but I wasn't then.

Anyway, when I first ran MESS, I was able to load all of the parts into memory, without creating any new pages or windows, and it ran. It shouldn't have. It shouldn't have loaded more than DCom and one of the part files. It should have given me a memory error while loading the second part file. It didn't. A feature of NitrOS-9? A "bug" in MESS? I don't know.

Wayne