[Coco] keyboard layout

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 6 11:58:20 EDT 2009

Stephen H. Fischer wrote:
>Based on an investigatation I did years ago for OS-9.

I did something similar back in 89, when I got my CoCo3. I remember finding characters like that. For example, There is a character that looks like a super-scripted diamond shape. It is produced by typing ALT-period. The hex code for it, as far as I know, is $AE, It is also produced if you use $BE, but Basic09 will see each as a different character.

>A real mess trying to fix mess for OS-9.

I agree.I am just trying to re-learn the key sequences so I can better understand the way MESS is applying the keyboard layout. I have found most of the keyboard characters, and MESS does let me alter them, but I haven't looked to see if the changes are saved between launches.

Wayne