[Coco] new coco3.com accounts

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun Sep 27 22:25:58 EDT 2009

I hate to bug again but the quicker I get this cleared up the happier
I'll be.  I looked up a lot of old forum accounts from 2003 to 2009
and figured out which ones were the same owner, but not all of
them.  Some names have changed, and some e-mails have changed, making
it impossible to make assumptions for every account.

When I imported both of the old forum databases, each nickname
associated with the posts was added to the new site's user list, but
Not their e-mail address.  This means I had to go through each user
and set the e-mail address for many of them so that the person could
click on "Forgot Password" if they entered the nickname they thought
they were, and they'd get that reminder e-mail if it was them.

Anyway, if you are trying to sign up under the new site and it tells
you that the username is already taken, but you Know that it's your
username, try clicking Forgot Password and wait for the e-mail to
arrive, and if the site tells you it can't send the e-mail, it means
the nickname is reserved for you but hasn't had the e-mail address
set for it yet.  At this point you'll want to send me a note telling
me you'd like that nickname back.  I'll use the e-mail address you
write me through and choose a temporary password for you.  You can
then click Forgot Password to reclaim your account.  Trust me, it
sounds like a lot more work than it really is.  It's about a 5 minute
process at the most if we're both online.  ;)

By the way, you don't need a site account unless you want to write
posts or comment on others, but there are going to be a few downloads
here and there that I require a user account in order to access, just
to be fair.  Other than that, you don't need an account.

All old accounts of course will be void as the old site is disassembled.

Now I'm looking for a photo gallery plug-in for WordPress so each
user can upload their photos into albums.  I want to port over the
old CoCo Gallery pictures to retain them.  That's just too many
valuable pictures to throw away or require somebody to reupload.  I
insist on recreating the albums in another type of plug-in.  There's
tons of CoCofest pictures and user albums and I didn't want anybody
to worry about that content being lost, just as I promised to bring
the forum posts back *somehow*.  (Again, thanks to Lothan, that was
done!  Major Appreciation here).

--
~ Roger Taylor