[Coco] A little tip jar in the right side bar...

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun Sep 27 14:01:16 EDT 2009

Well pals, perhaps this is the best time to say,

The only thing I can see keeping the site and efforts afloat is "a
little tip jar in the right sidebar".

All the coco3.com hosting fees are due on Oct 7 and Oct 10.  I've got
no shame in saying that I can't afford to keep giving at this
time.  In 2008-2009 I gave more to the cause than I've gotten back,
mainly by selling wireless paks below cost and investing in the
materials to make other pak-related gadgets.

If anybody here over 40 with a family tells you that the economy
hasn't crashed in their neighborhood, then I'd have to say they're
not being honest, or that they're filthy rich and just haven't
noticed the real world lately.  Around here it's nothing but budget
right now, more so than ever before.

To make a long story short, coco3.com goes offline on Oct 7 if there
is lacking support shown.  I'm trying to get pending orders shipped
out now while new ones are creeping in like a snail, which means
items that cost money to fullfill will probably be removed
soon.  Yes, it's been an actual business for a long time with
thousands of sales receipts to prove it, but times are tough and
money isn't moving anymore.  That's life.  So be it.

Anyway, the thing about this tip jar is that you get to enter your
URL and link text and it gets put in a Link Cloud immediately with
the larger links going to the higher donators.  They stay there for 1
full year and show up on every page of the site.  So that's an extra
part of the widget I chose out of about 20 others like "buy me a
beer" or "buy me a pizza" and lazy stuff like that.

This should keep the site online, and of course I'll always be there
regardless of the situation... just gotta have a site to work on!  :)

www.coco3.com

--
~ Roger Taylor