[Coco] Editor priveledges at coco3.com

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Tue Sep 15 18:36:59 EDT 2009

Right now most everybody is given Author status when they sign up at
the new community site.  Authors can originate their own posts and
include videos, music, pictures, with large write-ups.  I feel that
in order for the site to grow to what people really want to see,
everyone having Author status is one of the best things I can do for
now.  I'm watching the articles grow daily and we haven't even gotten
fired up yet.

The Editor status goes beyond that of an Author and allows you to
also create rich content HTML pages that show up in the menus where
you like.  You can also upload images and files and do other things
nobody else can do.  The idea is to let admin-trusted members to
control parts of the site.  You could have, say, 20 or more HTML
pages of what you like, that fall under a top page that shows in the
menu.  The sub pages would drop down in a menu when the visitor hovers over it.

Articles are found by searching or looking until you stumble across
them, but Pages are easily seen because they show up in the menus
visible on every page.

You can even use an iframe in your page HTML to do things like I did
on the Mocha emulator page.  That is the author's actual web page on
his server, and my iframe just brings it into view (which is a CoCo 2
emulator running in your browser).  You can do that kind of stuff and
more with Editor status.

To help pay the bills around here and keep producing CoCo goodies,
I'd like to offer Editor status for a small fee to any trusted member
who asks and is approved.  You would then be able to actually build
parts of the site however you like without having to send any
material to me hoping I will have time to manage your pages.  Due to
a lack of time, I didn't have time to add as much submitted content
to the older site as I would have liked to.  For that reason, the
content never grew to the level I hoped it would.

An Editor could easily attach content to the menus already in place,
or add new pages in the menu, and make subpages under those, etc.

The catch to being an editor is knowing what material is truly CoCo
stuff and what isn't, and what might help or hurt the search engine
rankings.  Naturally we'd like to stay away from anything that might
make the site unpopular or terribly annoying.

Editor

An editor can publish, edit, and delete any posts/pages, moderate
comments, manage categories, manage tags, manage links and upload files/images.

If you are interested in becoming a coco3.com editor, please reply to
me privately for more details.

--
~ signature section for all e-mails-
~ While I have seen Many annoying taglines over the years, I've never