[Coco] CoCo Forums up to 2007

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon Sep 7 00:33:25 EDT 2009

Sort of good news, I've recovered the content of the original
coco3.com forums just before it was taken offline.  Not the current
forums, but the first system that gathered thousands of valuable
messages over the years.

I've trimmed down the SQL file to just the Forum names, Topics, and
Posts.  These are relational entries where posts contain their Topic
ID, author, etc. and Topics contain their Forum ID, author, etc.  So
it's impossible to sort it by naked eye.  Instead, I'm hoping to
write a Visual Basic .NET program that crunches the data into maybe
an XML type file that can further be used to import the content into
the new coco3.com blog system as Posts/Comments retaining the author
references only, but not physically linked to any certain members of
coco3.com at this time.  Somewhere in the posts will probably be a
line mentioning the author's nickname at the time of the preserved
text, or perhaps their real name.

I can e-mail anyone the SQL file if they think they can process it
quicker or better than I can into some text file format that's
decently sorted into Forum->Topic->Posts order:

The 2nd project will be to of course convert the current forums into
blog posts/comments so everything comes together into one new system
and format, to be preserved for much longer.....

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.americafedup.com