[Coco] cocotape update

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon Nov 30 00:30:22 EST 2009

At 05:53 PM 11/28/2009, you wrote:
>I remember reading on the coco3 website that the author of cocotape
>was going to update the program because of some problems with it
>has been made?

The first releast of CoCoTape was mainly for debugging
purposes.  People were asking to get it now so I put it out there
before it was really complete. I'm too busy to update CoCoTape right
now due to trying to catch up on pak orders.  The program is written
in HLA for Windows and although my plan was to port it over to VB.NET
to finish it, I think I just need to get the
multi-record/segment/origin part working and it's done.  Right now
that mode sends a demo screen to the CoCo proving that it's possible
to CLOADM a ML program of that fashion from the PC.  The other file
types should send CLOAD or CLOADM into the CoCo ok.

I might just release the source code and let everybody have their way
with it.  Most coders can probably eye translate the HLA source into
something more portable, although HLA is becoming a more portable
compiler/assembler these days and is available for the Mac I think,
Linux, and Windows, and possibly more.  I'm moving into the Visual
Studio realm so any project previously built using HLA/RadASM has
slowed down until the ports to VS.NET are done.

--
~ Roger Taylor