[Coco] [Color Computer] Hello everyone!

Gerry van den Berk swancity at internode.on.net
Sun May 10 04:12:27 EDT 2009

vacuumboy1 wrote:
> Ive JUST purchased a WORKING tandy coco III for 4.00 at the thrift
> store today! Me and my mother have been programmin' on it all day. We
> just LOVE it! But, I need some help. Ive read the commmands and their
> syntax, but to me, it dosnt make sense. Come someone please explain
> in simple terms the commands Input and FOR. We don't know how to
> write them correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OK, in BASIC the INPUT statement takes INPUT from a selected device which
generally is the keyboard by default and stores it in a variable so...

10 INPUT A
20 INPUT B$
30 PRINT A
40 PRINT B$

A in this example is used to store a numerical value and B$ ($ = string)
will accept a string of characters.

You can use any letter of the alphabet in most BASICs.

FOR is used with NEXT like this to loop the program...

10 FOR A=0 to 100
20 PRINT A;
30 NEXT A

Hope that makes some sense.