[Coco] Technical question

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 18:10:23 EST 2009

In my experience, sometimes the coax socket on the coco3 gets loose, and the
wire from the tip to the modulator sub-board makes a bad connection, causing
snow. This is of course the Aussie version of the coco, but I'm sure the USA
version would be similar.

What I usually did was re-solder the centre contact wire, and then actually
solder the body of the RCA socket to the frame of the modulator. It's a
fiddly job, and may require removing the modulator from the motherboard.

Hehe, I could use a bit of snow right now; it's hot here. Thankfully I'm not
in Victoria with the bushfire problem.

the capacity to be his spokesman,
so that I know how to help the weary.