[Coco] CoCoNet wireless milestone

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon Mar 30 00:07:02 EDT 2009

As of tonight I'm thrilled to have the following working quite well
from the wireless bluetooth pak:

Telnet, working.

CoCoNet can be LOADM'ed as a DECB 1.1 patch and start working without
issuing an EXEC command, meaning you can put it at the top of your
BASIC programs or just use the CoCoNet ROM in your wireless pak or
controller to have it all on startup.

115200 bps virtual floppy drives, switchable between real (DRIVE
#,ON) or virtual (DRIVE #,OFF)

Ability to mount disks from the CoCo or the PC.  The disk images can
be on the PC or the web.  Just supply the remote pathname or URI.
DRIVE 0,"http://www.coco3.com/finance.dsk"  <-- massive budget program on SS35
DRIVE 3,"c:\mygames.dsk"

(Save remote files onto a virtual disk)
SAVER "http://www.somewhere.com/somefile.bar","COCOFILE.DAT",D  save
remote file as CoCo data file
,T save as tokenized BASIC file
,B save as ASCII BASIC file
,A save as ASCII file
,M save as machine language

I've been reading from various servers all day in loops and sending
the results to the CoCo VDG screen.  Raw HTML does not look good on
the VDG screen, but it's thrilling to watch it scroll by.

Still to come... POP 3 E-mail, Ping, HTTP uplaod, FTP, and much more.

By the way... a 230.4 kbps wireless pak will be tested tomorrow to
see if CoCoNet can keep up.
--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com