[Coco] off topic - to electronics guys

mike delyea mdelyea at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 18:27:36 EDT 2009

I've attempted to fix an LCD monitor I found in the garbage.  It
exhibited the same symptoms listed here:

http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2658

I've removed the bad caps and replaced them according to the
instructions listed in the above web page.
The monitor started up and (Yea!) I had a stable image - for about 10
seconds.  Then I noticed a whining sound
and smelled burnt plastic.  I quickly unplugged it and examined the
board.  The image is here:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/michaeldelyea/index.html

What is that part?  It has the same numbers on it as the one to the
left.  Any ideas how to proceed?

I've examined my solder joints with a magnifying glass and they are
all OK (no spillage, polarity correct).